Ben starts Preschool next Wednesday. At first I was a little apprehensive about Ben starting. But after meeting Ben's teacher, the one-on-one aids and everyone else working with Ben, I am so EXCITED! They are ready for him and already have so many great tools/ideas in place for him to hit the ground running on day one. He really has an amazing team working with him this year and I am so grateful for that! We also have to thank Katie Kauffman and her family for paving the ground work for us (Katie is now a 1st grader with CHARGE in our school district). They have taught the school so much about CHARGE, cochlear implants and children with multiple sensory needs and we are truly benefiting from that. I think both Ben and I are going to learn so much from his team.
Tomorrow we have our final meeting with the entire team working with Ben. It will be in his classroom and he will get to roll around and explore the room before it is filled with his classmates. Still haven't found a nurse for Monday, but I'm still hopeful we will find someone good soon. Tuesday he will have a phase in day of 45 minutes at school and then Wednesday will be the real deal. I'll be with him and the nurse the first day to help the transition for him. The second day I plan on being in the observation room so he can't see me, but I'm there if needed. And the after that, my guy will be on his own (with his nurse of course). How exciting! I'm going to take pictures tomorrow of his room and post them for all to see. It is just the cutest. Now I'll just have to find something to do with myself for the few hours he is gone.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see pics of Ben with his green backpack. He's such the little "man" now. I still can't believe he's 3 years old!
Love,
Aunt Jen
Happy late Birthday Ben!! I just know you will enjoy your preschool experience... ... how excitting!! It is also nice to have people familar with CHARGE at your school, feels like we have given several classes to those at Lucas's preschool lately. He has transistioned well and has been very active with the other kids which is nice to hear.
FYI they did Lucas's CA repair w/o stents as well and he is doing well now over a year out, but his was also done at 4 days old... ... Take care
Ben, we are SO excited to have you starting school at MECC next week!! You are going to enjoy Miss Stephanie, Miss Helga, and Miss Pam so much--and boy, are they going to LOVE having you! Good luck, sweetie--hope your first day goes great!
Post a Comment