Sunday, June 21, 2009

Who Needs a Pool?!?!

It has been perfect pool weather here in Cincinnati - 90's and sunny! For my enjoyment, I turned our hot tub down to 88 degrees and started using it to cool off and relax on those hot afternoons. Today Mike and I purchased Ben a pool floaty to use in the hot tub. I figured if I found it relaxing, so would Ben... and he sure did!!

We had to be very careful to watch that water didn't get close to his ear openings (to prevent infections with his cochlear implant) or his trach (because if water got in his trach it would be like drowning since it goes straight to his lungs). It was a two person job but well worth it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like too much fun Ben! You look very relaxed all kicked back in your float. See you in the morning.
Kim :)

Kristi said...

Soooooo cute!
Before we moved, Gracie spent a lot of time in our spa! Glad Ben likes it so much! :-) It's great therapy for all of you!

It made me so happy to see him as school ended... he's really remarkable, you know that, right?!
I just can't believe all that he's able to do... the choices he's able to communicate (at school!)... it's all so amazing when you consider what he's endured! And, sorry... but I smiled when I read about your struggles with him since school got out! I just couldn't help it! He's got spunk... and he's a little kid... and they are supposed to be stubborn and test their parents! I love reading that he's normal!!! :-)

I also loved reading how his attitude on hippotherapy changed so much and watching the video with his Ponywalker!

Hope this summer continues to be fun & busy (with fewer battles!) and that it's full of all kinds of developmental surprises for Ben!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jen said...
So cute and what a great idea!!! It looks like he is definitely a fan of the water. :)

Shelly and Luke said...

That's awesome! I'd like to find something like that for Luke at the lake. Looks like it would work perfectly. Where did you find it? Ben is simply adorable and it looks like he had a great time in the hot tub... or should I say cool tub?

Shelly & Luke

Crystal M. said...

That is AWESOME!! I am glad he enjoyed it so much.
Hugs
Crystal and Eva