Words cannot express how tickled I am about Ben's 2nd week of Hippo Therapy. He did AMAZING and actually enjoyed it. He wanted to get on the horse this time (he rode the pony Dixie) and rode around and around for 20 minutes without fussing once. And the lack of fussing meant he didn't have extra secretions so we didn't have to suction at ALL during the ride! I was beaming the whole time and couldn't believe my eyes. I'm sure I sounded like a broken record because I kept on saying "I just can't believe how great he is doing".
The best part is that after I decided he had enough (he could hardly keep himself upright even with myself and the OT holding him up) and we took him off, he cried and tried to reach for the helmet to put it back on. He wanted more!! Truly amazing and such a difference from the first week. I am so proud of him and he shows me time and time again that I should never doubt him.
Ben has two more sessions left - they are Monday night at 6:40 p.m. - and I hope the next two go as well as this one. We will try to get him in for the fall session (the 1st summer session is full and the 2nd session is during the time when Ben has his testicle surgery so we won't be doing that one).
3 comments:
This is so exciting! I am just thrilled that Ben had such a great time - maybe we'll get to see some photos next time (wink, wink)?! Happy Summer.
I am so happy to hear about this, Amy! I sure wish I could have been there to see him. I just love that Ben enjoys this now!! I bet you were beaming from ear to ear!
That is so WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for Ben and you. It is great to see our kids do wonderful things like that.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment