Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On the mend!

Ben is feeling so much better this morning. He had a good night's rest and woke up a whole new kid. Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ben!! I'm so glad you feel better, you had a rough couple days. Hope you get to go to school, figures Amy that they are on a 2 hour delay. Maybe the shorter day will be good for him to get his endurance back up. See you next week.
Kim

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I'm glad Ben is finally feeling better! He will probably be glad to go back to school tomorrow and get back into a normal routine.

hannah m said...

So glad to know Ben is feeling better...it's so hard for mamas to see their sweeties not feeling well.

Crystal M. said...

I am so glad he is feeling better!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Kristi said...

Hi Amy,
Glad to see that Ben is feeling better... looks like it's been a rough week.
I just read through a few of your recent posts - - I think I've been on your blog before but I believe this is the first time I've posted.
The last post I read was about Ben's recent diagonsis of CP. My daughter, Gracie, was also officially diagnosed with CP (last summer) - Diplegic Cerebral Palsy, to be exact. We always knew her brain structure wasn't completely normal due (most likely) to acute respiratory distress at birth. Gracie is almost 6, and like Ben, isn't walking... YET.
I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know you aren't alone with this "dual" diagnosis. Like you, my feeling is that it doesn't change anything really... it allows Gracie to qualify for additional therapy, which is a good thing.
It also helps explain why she isn't within the "norms" of the delayed walking timeframe of most kids with CHARGE. I KNOW she will walk... she's so determined... and I can easily see that Ben is, too.
He's doing SO much! The fact that he's in preschool is so great. At his age, Gracie wasn't healthy enough to attend school outside our home.
I look forward to following along here and seeing what great things Ben has up his sleeve!

:-) Kristi

Catherine L said...

sweet Ben continue on the mend...