Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Viral Influenza

Ben's preliminary lab results came back and it showed he has viral influenza in addition to the pneumonia and ear infection. Since the root of his sickness is viral, the antibiotics won't help anything but the ear infection. I guess you can't tell from the xray whether it is viral or bacterial so they extended the antibiotics just in case it was bacterial. We are just going to have to let it run its course. I'm at least relieved to have a reason why Ben wasn't improving that much. The treatment should be the same as before, but I will get a call if we're to do anything different. And based on the fact that I was feverish Monday/Tuesday, they think I might have the same thing... oh no. If I feel it traveling into my lungs, I will be heading to the doctor ASAP.
I just can't get over how many illnesses Ben has at once. It's like he hit the trifecta of sickness! And our prize was a broken down car! LOL.

1 comment:

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Oh, poor Ben! He got the triple whammy!! That's always rough, too, when it's viral and you just have to let it run its course. I hope he's better soon--and that you don't get it, Amy!