Ben is still a "go" for surgery on December 15. Our mission now is to keep him healthy until then (not an easy task in the preschool environment). He has had about three colds in the last month alone. These colds have given Ben a runny nose for the FIRST TIME EVER (right nostril only, not sure why). For most this wouldn't be exciting news, but for us it is HUGE! This means his nose is still open from his last coanal atresia repair... information I already knew since I'm still able to pass a tube down his nose twice a day but the confirmation of a runny nose is still exciting when he's never had one before.
The surgery in a week is to bring down the testicles - a pretty involved procedure from what I've been told. He will have to stay overnight in the hospital and will be missing that entire week of school (which happens to be the last week before break). The goal is to do the entire surgery laproscopically, but if they aren't able to see what they need they will have to do an open procedure. I'm praying for a laproscopic procedure and that everything goes smoothly with the surgery and recovery. I also hope he isn't in too much pain. The surgery is slotted for 4 hours. When we have a chance, we will post an update on the blog.
1 comment:
Funny how we can even appreciate the common cold! :-)
I hope Ben's surgery goes well. We'll be thinking of you guys next week.
Post a Comment