Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quick Update

Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We did. For the first time since Ben's birth, we had a nurse on Christmas Eve and Christmas night. What a nice treat! It was wonderful not having to cut our time together short to rest up. And we got so many nice gifts from each other, our families and our wonderful nurses. Ben even participated in some of the gift opening (with the help of Pap Pap). It was a Christmas to remember forever! This coming weekend, Mike's mom, sister, brother-in-law and nephew are coming to visit and celebrate a late Christmas with us. We are looking forward to it.

Ben is on Christmas break from school until January 5. We have two appointments during break. One is a renal ultrasound tomorrow to follow-up on the cyst they found on his spleen three months ago. The second is an opthamology appointment on Friday. Just the normal annual eye dilation to check the peepers.

Below are pictures of my favorite Christmas gift. Santa surprised me/Ben and left it under the tree. I told Santa once about a little Lazy Boy I saw another CHARGE boy in and he remembered!

5 comments:

Crystal M. said...

We had one of those chairs when Alex was little, of course it broke since then but I think that is something we have to look into for Eva again.
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome! oh my goodness.

and i love hearing the joy in your voice...so happy you had such a great christmas together! yay!!! and yay for having nurses...wow, that's huge on the holidays!!

love, amy and max

Sarah said...

AWWWW I was looking for a chair like that for Caleb! So cute! That is so nice you all got a nurse too so you could relax! I hope the appointments go well! The pictures are really cute!
God Bless,
Brian, Sarah, and Caleb

hannah m said...

This photo of Ben in his new chair is perfect - what a cutie! So, so glad to know you had a happy and healthy holiday at home together.

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Glad you had such a good Christmas! Ben, I love your recliner--you look so comfy in it!