Monday, February 4, 2008

Cold and Ortho Update

Ben came down with a cold last weekend. He has this nagging cough (nebulizer treatments of Xopenix has helped) and has had so many secretions that we are suctioning his trach every few minutes (which is ticking Ben off). His mood has been pretty good considering though. Dad woke up this morning feeling pretty crummy too, so I am trying my best to stay healthy!

Tomorrow Ben has his 5 week ortho follow-up. They are going to take some more xrays and their hope is to take his cast off if everything is healed up completely (my hope too especially considering Ben is starting to get a sore on his spine from where the cast is breaking down and it doesn't help that he is now wiggling around on his back). My brain tells me that he will probably have the cast on for a few more weeks, but my heart is so hopeful it will come off tomorrow. I'm packing a pair of pants though and maybe positive thinking will deliver some incredible news!

5 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I hope the appointment goes well and you get some good news. I also hope everyone feels better soon!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Life is Great said...

Lucas is now on his third cold this season... ... Best wishes for the appointment and hopes for pictures of Ben w/o cast very soon!!

skeybunny said...

I hope we get to see a picture of Mr. Ben in pants tomorrow!

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

amy and mighty max said...

Oh I am soooooo hoping he can get the cast off and everything has healed perfectly!

I am going to call you later!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Positive thoughts coming from us, too! Hope you get good news today and Ben gets sprung from his cast!

Hugs,
Leslie, Arlin & Katie