Friday, June 29, 2007

Ben's favorite things

So Ben has two favorite things right now - daddy, and mommy's shoes! Yes, you read that correctly, it isn't mommy - but it is her shoes (just the right size and weight for little hands, I guess). No matter where I put my shoes, Ben finds them, grabs them up and enjoys licking the dirty soles.


And Ben has also developed quite the attachment to his dad. Whenever daddy is home, Ben wants to be right beside him (daddy rough houses with Ben and he loves it). If daddy sits on the couch, Ben rolls over to him and puts his arms up to be picked up so he can sit with him. If daddy is on the floor, Ben rolls until he is bumped right up next to him. If daddy walks by and doesn't take Ben with him, he cries until he comes back into the room. And when daddy leaves the house, Ben cries and cries and cries for about 30 minutes! It is so cute that Ben loves his daddy so much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jen said...

Uncle Aaron told me about this the other night when he came to visit you and Ben. How adorable! I too enjoy watching Mike and Ben wrestle around like a bunch of boys. I'm so glad to see Ben enjoying time with both of you....he is so lucky to have such wonderful, loving, fun parents! Kudos to you and Mike!

Love,
Aunt Jen

Unknown said...

I am loving that "Lobster Catcher" shirt - a lot of my family members are lobster fishermen. That is priceless!

Great photos of Ben & Dad as well. Mom, you're going to have to start washing your soles everytime you come home!

Anonymous said...

I was really hoping you would get over the shoe issue, but I guess not. I can just picture mommy and daddy picking grass off your tongue.

There is something about a boy's bond with his father...Mike was the same way with his dad when he was younger. I remember my last visit when I was on the floor with Mike and Ben, Ben passed me up and headed right for his dad. Guess we have to take a backseat sometimes, Amy...whether we like it or not.

Hugs and Kisses,
Gramma Mo

skeybunny said...

I love the pictures of Ben and his daddy! Evan has recently really been into rough-housing with Jeremy too. He will come over to me and climb on me--it's like he's waiting for me to grab him and flip him upside down (I hate disappointing him, but he is too heavy for me to do that now!). Definately fun developmental milestones!

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

Crystal M. said...

That is so sweet how much he loves his daddy!! Eva loves shoes also, but of course she always gets her brothers, the ones that stink the most...LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

I just want to know what he sees in his Daddy? Possibly he is doing this so Mike won't feel neglected.

Uncle Chuck