Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sensory Room

There is a sensory room at Ben's school that he gets to go to for 15 minutes a day. It is called the Rainbow Room. And the thought is that after spending five minutes at each station, the child will be more focused to do his school work. Curious about what the Rainbow Room looks like? Below are short videos of Ben at each station. After seeing the videos, you will understand why Ben LOVES going here!
At this station, Ben is in a vibrating beanbag with these spaghetti string lights to play with.

This one, he is in a ball pit with light up balls.


And the last one, he is laying in a moon shaped chair with a weighted blanket on him playing with this light strand. And don't worry about the germs with his licking of the toys. All items in here are created to be antibacterial.

5 comments:

Kurby Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to play in there too! Thanks for sharing, I have heard a lot about sensory rooms but never saw them in use or inside them.

Jenna said...

Hi Ben!
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are one amazing special little boy. I am so glad you like to play in that room, it looks very educational therapy like and looks like fun!
I have special needs too and severe health issues.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

This is really cool, Amy! I don't remember them having this room when Katie was in preschool. It looks like Ben really enjoys it!

Crystal M. said...

Eva loves the sensory room in her school too. Ben looks so relaxed!!

Kristi said...

So FUN! Gracie would LOVE that room! They have a great room at her school... but now I see serious need for improvement!