Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back in School

Ben's first day of school is today. He seemed really excited this year. I'm looking forward to picking him up so I can hear all about his morning (we have decided to drive him to school instead of riding the bus because he is still pulling out his trach when he gets angry -- yes, he did again over the weekend)! He has the same one-on-one aid, but a different teacher and different classroom/students.

UPDATE: Ben had a GREAT morning at school. He seemed like he jumped back in where he left off. Only a few upset moments and he wore his implant the ENTIRE time! He also used his new pony walker to walk to and from recess and the muscle room. I'm so proud of him!

Driving Ben and his nurse to school

Look, I'm actually wearing my cochlear implant!

And off we go... my trusty wagon and aid were waiting for me.

5 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Great job Ben!! Now just keep that trach in!!

amy and mighty max said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Woo hoo! Have you posted photos yet of him in the pony walker? I would love to see him in action...so exciting!

Kurby Family said...

What a stinker...pulling that trach out! Great job with the cochlear implants! You look so studious heading off to school, can't wait to see how the school year goes.

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Ben, so happy your first day of school went so well! You need to give Katie lessons on wearing her CI at school. She is pretty much refusing to wear it this year. Yesterday, she finally took it off, handed it to her interpreter, and signed "finished"! :-)

Kristi said...

What a rockstar you are, Ben! I am so very proud of you! Wearing your implant & using your pony walker - - great job! Now, young man, about that trach... knock it off, will ya? You are going to give your mommy and daddy a nervous breakdown!
Can't wait to see what this school year has in store for you, Ben!