My mom was down on Saturday to keep me company since Mike had to work that morning. We started the day with a little TV time (Handy Manny).
We then took Ben to the grocery store to ride around in the cart (as always, the completely wiped down and sanitized cart - not taking any chances). A big favorite of Ben's though!
He then got a ride on his 3-wheeler. He hasn't ridden this since last year and I still have to walk beside him to make sure he doesn't fall over, but he is so much stronger this year. He sits up so big and tall now!
Then, we took him for a LOOONNNNGGG walk in his wagon and got to enjoy rubbing some cars on his way (also a favorite). We happened to walk by a great garage sale too and got Ben some clothes, a Halloween costume and toys at a really good price.
When Dad got home, Ben was treated to some "tickle time". Dad gives the best tickles and gets Ben howling with laughter. I have to remind Dad to give Ben breaks to catch his breath.
We then had some cake and ice cream, opened gifts and put him down for a nap. For a kid who doesn't eat anything by mouth, Ben sure grabbed up the spoon and stuck it in his mouth. I couldn't believe it!
Today we did a lot of the same. Ben really seemed to enjoy his day(s). Thank you everyone for all your birthday wishes!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ben! It looks like you had a great weekend long celebration! I love all the pictures, especially the wagon ride, daddy's tickles, and the cake pictures...ok so really all of them! Good luck on Thursday. We will be thinking of you. Hope you have a great year ahead!
Best Wishes today and always.
Happy Birthday Ben!!! I can't believe he's 4 already. It looks like you guys had a very nice weekend and really spoiled Ben. He deserves it! Those were great pictures.... thanks for sharing. Enjoy all that yummy cake :)
Love, Aunt Theresa
Happy Belated Birthday Ben! I hope you had an awesome day(s) with all your favorite things! The pics are awesome. You are such a sweetie, I just wanna give you a big birthday squeeze! Amy... just wanted to let you know how great it was meeting you and your hubby at the conference. Hopefully in 2011 Ben will get to come along and he and Luke can hang out together. Hoping and praying that all goes well on Thursday and that you have a speedy recovery!
Shelly & Luke
Happy Birthday to Vivian's birthday twin! Ben, we hope you had a wonderful birthday. I think a birthday weekend full of favorite things sounds like the perfect way to celebrate! Lots of love and wishes for a year full of tickles and fun!
Looks like a great birthday Ben, Happy Birthday to a wonderful little boy!! I will be thinking about you when you go to surgery.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Post a Comment