Now, Ben is now trying to sign so much! And what's even more impressive is that signing is very difficult for Ben because the stroke he had at birth damaged the part of the brain that controls small motor skills and using hands independently. I am just SO PROUD of him and his willingness to overcome so many obstacles. It is truly heartwarming to see my non-verbal child learning a form of communication. Although I must admit, since his sign language has taken off he has refused to wear his cochlear implant - which he use to enjoy. I figure it is like listening to music while studying... I could never do it because I found it too distracting. Maybe Ben finds hearing a nuisance when learning his signs! We'll cut him some slack :) You will also see in this video Ben chewing on his shirt - his favorite past time. He is chewing holes in his shirt and making them unwearable after only ONE day! And for those of you wondering where Ben is during this video... he is in the observation/quiet room. He is taken in this room twice a day so if he decides to wear his implant, it isn't as noisy.
And THANK YOU NURSE KIM for taking this video. Because of you, everyone can enjoy Ben's progress!
6 comments:
WOW THAT WAS AMAZING!!! Great job Ben!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
Amy, that was amazing. It looks like Ben is progressing really well, and that he has wonderful teachers and nurses working with him. Thank you for sharing these videos. We miss so much not being close to you all, it's nice to be able to see him like this. Give him hugs for me. I'm SO proud of him :)
Aunt Theresa
Amy, I am absolutely stunned. Oh my goodness! Seriously...OH MY GOODNESS! That was amazing! You and your team (AND BEN!!!) have been working so diligently and it is paying off...WOW! WOW! WOW! I am absolutely thrilled for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love and MUCH joy! Amy and Max
Wow, Amy, Ben is doing AMAZING!!! I loved watching him sign all the letters and words! His fine motor skills with signing are awesome--so precise! He has made such great progress this year. I know you are so proud of him! Way to go, Ben!!
Too cute!! I had no idea Ben could do all that. Way to go little buddy.
Carol
WOW! I don't even know where to begin! SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING!
His signing is wonderful... his ability to understand a question and execute the action in order to answer the question is simply breathtaking to watch.
So unbelievable!!!
And... the shirt chewing, while not great on the wardrobe or pocketbook, makes me smile! There is a little boy in Gracie's class (who has CHARGE also) who does this, too! Clearly, for Ben, (at least in the videos) this stim behavior seems to be helping him concentrate! He's so smart!
Post a Comment