Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kings Island

The company Mike works for rented out Kings Island today for their employees and immediate families. It is closed to the public so the lines are short and it is the perfect opportunity to take Ben - especially considering we live 5 minutes away. It rained all day, but at least we weren't pored on... it was a light rain.

One the rain picked up, we rented one of those cool strollers the park had and boy are those nice! The only obstacle was getting Ben into it. I think he thought it was a piece of therapy equipment and was scared of it. Once he realized it didn't cause him pain, he kicked back and enjoyed the ride. Ben also got to see some of the Nickelodeon Mascots. Wasn't a fan of those either. They scared the britches out of him.

Next, we took him on the Merry-Go-Round and I was so excited to see him on a horse. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get him use to the hippo-therapy he is starting in June (horse riding therapy). No such luck. Ben wanted nothing to do with the horse, so Dad and Grandma Deb rode on the bench with Ben. This is probably a sign of how hippo-therapy is going to go. He rode one other ride and enjoyed this one - it was an airplane. He favorite activity of the day though seemed to be riding in the stroller and holding the brochures (he LOVED those and even took them on the rides with him - that is until he traded them in for a piece of pizza crust and a fork).

I'm glad we went and had a decent day. I'm really glad it didn't cost us anything since we were only there for an hour and a half. Ben yawned the WHOLE time like he was either bored or tired.

Ben and I under some shelter from the rain
Grandma Deb and Ben when entering Kings Island - we had about 5 minutes without rain.
Dad and Ben after getting off the plane ride - with Ben's brochures in hand.
Ben in the super cool rented stroller. It was great. It fit all his equipment, pushed like a dream and turned on a dime.
Ben riding the bench instead of a horse... not looking good for hippo-therapy.
The plane ride Ben liked. If you look close, you can see his brochures on this too.
Ben yawning and holding his new attachment items (crust and fork)

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a nice day minus the rain of course.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Sarah said...

Awesome pics though! So cute! I wish it wouldn't have rained for you all!

God Bless,
Brian, Sarah, and Caleb Hlebiczki

Crystal M. said...

Amy I just tagged you on Eva's blog check it out!!