Friday, May 25, 2007

Definitely Sick

Ben is definitely sick. He has a cold of some sorts and he is handling it pretty well during the day, but at night - it really sends him for a loop. He has tons of secretions and they are thick and yellow. He has having trouble bringing them up himself and just coughs and coughs. Sometimes this hard coughing causes him to vomit. We are giving him regular breathing treatments, lots of saline and cool mist. The one thing that really concerns me with this cold, is that his heart rate is dramatically higher than normal. At night when we hook him up to his oximeter, his normal hr reads between 38 and 60 (very low, but Ben has an arrhythmia and skips many beats). The last two nights, his hr has been between 90 and 140. Once it gets up to 100, he starts panting - even while he is sleeping. I have a call into his cardiologist to make sure he doesn't want to run any tests while he is at the hospital today for a GI appointment. Guess there is still lots of things going around right now.

4 comments:

Crystal M. said...

HUGS BEN!! I hope you feel better soon, I know a lot of the little CHARGErs are sick right now, Eva being one of them.
Get better soon big boy!!
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes OK at the doctor today and that Ben feels better soon. I'll be thinking about him. And Happy Birthday Amy!
Love,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. You've got to get better so we can go for walks and on the swing.
Love you,
Gramma Mo

Happy Birthday Amy!

skeybunny said...

So are we, not that it makes Ben feel any better. But we will all comiserate together this weekend, and hopefully be all better in the next couple weeks.

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan