Saturday, March 3, 2007

Ben is lifting his head

Ben is really starting to lift up his head when he is on his belly. He really didn't do this a whole lot before and if he did, it wasn't very high and was really quick. Recently, when he is rolling he will roll until he is stopped by a piece of furniture or a wall. When he does this, he gets onto his belly, pushes up his head and looks around. He gets pretty high too. This will really help Ben develop his head control since he still has some trouble with it. Not to mention it cracks me up! I love seeing him looking around. Of course when I try to put him on his belly and keep him there, he doesn't like it... it has to be on his terms. Kids with CHARGE tend to be very stubborn and Ben is no exception. I'm hoping this is the first step in learning how to crawl. All of Ben's movement is making it very difficult though with his feeding schedule. He is hooked up to a feeding pump (and can't go far) 11 hours a day. And he's figured out how to roll out of the barriers I've set up for him. After his surgery on March 15, we look at adjusting his feeds.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really proud of you Ben. You are making such great progress with all the help from your mom. Not surprised at you getting out of the barriers though. Your daddy lifted the bottom of his playpen once and crawled out that way. Hope you aren't learning any of his tricks. Heaven help your mommy.

Love you lots,
Gramma Mo

Anonymous said...

Ben, you have really improved your ability to check things out around the house. I can't blame you as there so much to see! Maybe we'll have to put a bell on you just to keep track of where your at.

Love
Pap Pap

amy and mighty max said...

WOO HOO Ben! This is huge and will help you soooo much! Lifting your head is hard work...but once you master that, you will be so much stronger and enjoy your surroundings more.

You and your mommy are wonderful! We miss talking with you and glad to read this update!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ben! We're so proud of you. Sounds like you are improving every day. I can't wait to see everything you're doing now. You'll have to put on a show for us next weekend. See you soon.
Love you all,
Aunt Theresa

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Great news all around, Amy! Ben sounds so much like Katie--a little uncomfortable with outside therapies, not liking new toys at first, and stubborn! :-)

Glad to hear that Ben is making such great progess all around!

Hugs,
Leslie and Katie

Crystal M. said...

WAY TO GO BEN!!! That is great news and tell mom its ok Eva is stubborn too. She gets her head up too and when I put her down to do it she rolls over so its all ok!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Miss N Cedie said...

Way to go Ben! So glad to hear you are doing good.

And Cedie was definitely stubborn too and leary of new toys :-)

Keep up the good work!

Love Jennifer

Carolyn said...

Ben, I've been quietly reading about you through Max's blog and I think one time I did send an email.

You have been making great progress, all the hard work is paying off. Keep up the good job you are doing. Sending prayers for your surgery.
Hugs to you Ben,
Carolyn in WV

Anonymous said...

Hearing all the things Ben is doing is just amazing. We all know Ben is a fighter and with such great parents things are bound to keep improving, way to go Amy and Mike.

Chuck