Sunday, November 20, 2005

Need a G-Tube and Nissen

Long time, no talk! I have been one busy baby lately. After I recovered from my trach surgery, and successfully got taken off my vent... I got moved to my own room!! Yes, that's right - I'm no longer considered unstable and critical. I'm still in the ICU, but I think that's just because the nurses love me so much (check out photos of my new room in the photo gallery). My new room has a TV (to watch Steelers games), a phone, my own bathroom, a shower and a bed so my mommy/daddy can stay with me. It's even a corner room too... with two windows! Hmm, I hope we don't have to pay extra for the second window. They seem to charge you for everything in this place. I better check on that tomorrow.

Back to business - in order for me to go home, I have to be able to take full feeds. Since I'm still not sure about this whole bottle thing (I suck on it like crazy, I just don't get out much), I have to get a G tube (feeding tube in my stomach). My mommy and daddy will be able to work with me on the bottle, but I'll get all my nutrition through the G tube. That surgery is scheduled for December 2. At the same time, I will also be getting tubes in my ears. I wish the surgery could have been sooner, but I was told that some holiday called Thanksgiving is throwing everything off... have any of you heard of this holiday or am I being told a tall tale? Either way, I'm still hopeful that I will be home for Christmas. We will just be cutting it a little closer than we wanted. Santa, I'll keep you updated so you know where to go.

Take care everyone. I love hearing from all of you and can't tell you how honored I am to have so many kind, caring friends. Thanks for the ongoing prayers and well wishes.

Love Ben
http://www.benrusso.com/

Thank you very much for your support, however if at any time you wish to stop receiving my super cool newsletters, feel free to unsubscribe by clicking here.